Simple, with a pop of personality. I love it when basic, everyday pieces are kicked up a notch. Classic, but edgy. Traditional, with a twist. It’s no secret I am drawn to neutral tones when it comes to home decor, but the same can be said for the clothes in my closet! I’m constantly on the hunt for pieces that will spice up my wardrobe because, let’s face it, basic black can get pretty boring if it really is just BASIC! What I like to look for when I’m shopping, are those pieces that have some pizzazz. What would be an otherwise ordinary black top for example, with some interesting detail added to it, can instantly become a “statement” piece without being too over the top. One way I’ve been adding that “spice” lately is with ruffles! Today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ways to wear them.
[*Affiliate links are used in this post.]
I promise, your everyday attire will no longer be boring if you just add a few ruffles! I’m totally crushing on them lately!
We went to the pumpkin patch 2 weekends ago and you probably remember me RAVING about my ruffle sleeve sweater! It was a warm and sunny day, but there was just enough of a Fall breeze to crisp up the air a bit. The kind of days where no coat is required, but you’re definitely glad you have long-sleeves on.
It is soft, cozy and the ruffles take it casual to fancy-casual. Can we make that a thing?
Exactly what I look for these days since I don’t venture too far from the momiform.
Cute, casual top. CHECK!
Here are a few more of my favorite ruffle pieces:
I love how how a ruffle adds that feminine flair without being too little girlish. In fact, I think some of these ruffled looks feel quite sophisticated!
- That burgandy scarf is a Rebecca Minkoff and has “add me to your Christmas list” written all over it! It’s sister style is a darling fringe scarf and comes in 3 colors. Love all of these options!
- This lace ruffle sleeve black T shirt is the perfect way to feel a bit dressed up but still feel like you’re in a T shirt. Well, because you basically are. This is my fave dressy little black tee and has been on repeat since summer!
- Here is that SWEATER! I have this ruffle sleeve sweater in gray, but it comes in cream and pink, too and is still on sale for under $30! I’m wearing a small, but could’ve sized down to an XS.
- I love this black pencil skirt with the side ruffle. An easy way to jazz up a simple black skirt.
- Give me all the cropped jackets this Fall! I love this black, ruffle sleeve jacket. How cute over a graphic tee and jeans? or dressed up a bit with velvet pants and heels! It comes in pink also 😉
- If you’re still loving the one-should look then this totally on trend merlot colored ruffle blouse will have you all googly heart eyes about it!
- I know we’re supposed to be packing up the tank tops, but this striped, ruffle shoulder tank is on sale [even an extra 40% off right now] and can be worn under a cardigan or jean jacket through the Fall and Winter. Plus, it was impossible for me to not put a striped top in this round-up! It also comes in a navy/ivory combo.
- Lastly, I am so smitten with these ruffle booties! They come in black and gray and with that perfect block heel and all-over suede, they’ve somehow managed to jump right in my online shopping cart!
And if you’re looking for even MORE fabulous, flirty ruffle items, then click through this lookbook I’ve put together for you. There are ruffle tees, ruffle blouses, ruffle sweaters and more!
Are you crushing on this ruffle trend as much I am lately?