Now that Simon has arrived and I have finished taking pictures of the nursery, I am finally ready to show you!
If you’ve been reading over here then you know I have been working on this room for months… back in March I was creating the ever-evolving, never-ending checklist which I am proud to say is completed and I couldn’t be happier with how the room turned out. Simon will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for awhile, but having the room done & ready is such a good feeling.
We change him on the changing pad in his room throughout the night… & T and I have both sat in the glider to rock him to sleep… His little outfits are hung up in the closet & folded in the drawers…And the art and photos are hanging [untouched for now!] on his cute little pegboard gallery wall.
It is definitely a happy place for us (and Simon, too, I hope)!
The walls were gray to start with & after removing the guest bed, dresser & nightstand, it was go-time! If you remember my mood / inspiration board for the nursery, I decided to go with navy, green & gray as the color scheme. I wanted a bright and bold look and achieved this through mixing fun patterns & textures!
Scroll through to view the nursery photos and be sure to check out the bottom of the post for a full source list!
[affiliate links were used]
- Striped Curtains – Tutorial here
- Big Brother Art – DIY Project (post coming soon)
- Silver Dinosaurs – Tutorial here
- Lampshade – Tutorial here
- A to Z Bookends – Tutorial here
- Mobile – Tutorial here
- “S” Marquee Sign – Tutorial here
- Pegboard Gallery Wall – more info here | full tutorial here
- Arrow (painted green) – Michaels
- “Boys Will Be Boys sign” – Tutorial here
- White round frames (plateholders from Goodwill spraypainted white with fabric attached to back)
- Blue IKEA frame (navy IKEA fabric inserted into frame)
- “No one else will ever know the strength of my love…” Nursery Word Art – available here
- White wooden Ampersand – Hobby Lobby
- Wire hanging diaper basket & IKEA Bygel rail
- IKEA Artificial plant & white hanging bucket ($1 spot at Target) – similar here
- Mustache Shadow Box – Tutorial here
- Silver IKEA Ribba frame & “Love, Love, Love” art – part of a Baby greeting card set at Michaels
- *** Everything hung w/ pegboard hooks – Amazon
- IKEA PAX closet frame – IKEA (***Read more on the closet here & here)
- 4 Komplement drawers – IKEA
- 4 Komplement shelves – IKEA
- IKEA PAX Shelves x 4 (cut to size for above clothing rods) – IKEA
- Closet clothing rod holders – Amazon
- Wooden dowel rods x 4 (cut to size) – Lowes
- Metal Drawer label holders – Amazon
- Clothing dividers – Amazon [DIY Project: scrapbook paper + modge podge]
- Baby hangers – Dollar Tree
- Navy & White Striped plastic bins – Target
- Teal plastic bins (on floor) – Target
- Teal plastic cube / milk crate [Target, similar here & here]
- Navy & white decorative suitcase – Target
- Teal box w/ chalkboard label – Target
- Empty white frame – IKEA
- Bin & crate labels – DIY Project [scrapbook paper + laminator + velcro]
- Paint – Valspar “Can’t Miss Lime” – more info here
Various Storage & Accessories:
- Wall shelf areas:
- navy blue wall shelf
- lime green wall hooks
- navy storage bin [on top of dresser]
- White wall shelf x 2 – IKEA
- silver shelf brackets x 4
- faux plant & metal pot
- Globe [HomeGoods, similar here]
- White frames + Word art (part of a Baby greeting card set at Michaels)
- Silver baby shoes [TJ Maxx, similar here]
- Bookcase storage:
- Photo frames:
- Dresser / changing area:
- Lime green throw (over crib) – HomeGoods [similar throw here]
- White & Gray blanket (over chair) – Aden & Anais Bamboo blanket
- Green pillow
Don’t forget to pin for later!
WANT MORE NURSERY GOODNESS? SEE BELOW FOR OTHER POSTS YOU’RE SURE TO LOVE!:
KID BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS:
If you have any questions about anything you see in this post, please leave a comment on this post or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you! To see future posts and other areas of our house I am going to be working on, follow my blog by email!
As always, thanks for reading!