Our simple hot cocoa bar set-up has been a HUGE hit around here these last couple weeks, which is no surprise since it’s biggest fans are 6 and 4! Today I’m sharing our fun, festive and Simple Hot Cocoa Bar to maybe inspire you to create one of your own! It sort of came together in our house this year by accident 😉
[*Affiliate links are used in this post.]
When I shared our Simply Green Christmas Kitchen, I mentioned that we had a little hot chocolate station set up on the wall off to the side of the kitchen table. We bought this folding serving cart for the back deck to use for serving drinks while entertaining or setting plants and flowers on it during normal use. When it was time to clear all of our cushions, pillows, rug and other furniture from outside, we wheeled the cart in and pushed it up against the empty wall [where our small desk was before we moved it into the front room that we’re converting from the playroom to my office].
So once we cleaned it off, I thought it would be really cute to put some hot cocoa fixin’s on it and let the boys “help” make their hot chocolate this winter.
Here’s how I created our Simple Hot Cocoa Bar
- Grabbed a small square vase and lined up hot cocoa packets and then rounded up some other containers
- Filled a tall apothecary vase with small peppermint candy canes
- added a bag of round peppermints into my grandma’s glass candy dish
- A tall IKEA canister was filled with large marshmallows and a few mini ones were mixed in, too
- Found a canister of Cocoa Batons from Trader Joe’s [and the boys went crazy for them!] to put with the other goodies
- Non-food items included:
- a festive cocktail glass full of gold spoons
- a small thrifted lamp
- 4 copper mugs [even though the boys usually just run over with their plastic cartoon character cups when it’s cocoa time!]
- patterned measuring cups [not that there’s any actual measuring taking place!!]
- a small Christmas tree
- my fav gold orb
- large gold footed bowl filled with ornaments
- Other items you could include:
- graham crackers
- chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- peppermint sticks
- whipped cream
It’s always been our tradition to have hot chocolate after the boys come in from sledding and building snowmen and now we have everything ready to go!! Just add hot water or milk and then finish off with our favorite toppings and plop yourself down in front of the fire with a Christmas movie.
Sounds like a dream to me and of course, for the boys – Day. Made!
That is of course, if we can keep our marshmallows in stock 😉
Don’t forget to pin for later!
If you missed any of our Christmas posts this season, you can see them all below:
- Our Christmas Family Room Tour
- A Simply Green Christmas Kitchen
- DIY Marbled Ornaments [with Dollar Store supplies]
- Holiday Hostess Essentials Guide [30+ Items to Help You Entertain in Style]
- DIY Buffalo Plaid Scarf Wreath
And to see more of our home from Christmas’ past, they are all right here!!:
Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll be back next week with more Christmas inspiration for you!